Monday, June 19, 2006

Speak no evil

Aku tengah dalam fasa ajar anak aku not to say bad words such as B*BI. I did warn jer many times not even mention the word even though she mention it just to cite from someone else's word. In fact i did punish her for saying those words. But something happened... My family was watching tv at that time. There was one scene of a person had an attack of epilepsy or dalam Bahasa Melayu = Sawan B*BI and my hubby said that the person was having Sawan B*BI. I saw a sudden change to my daughter's look. She look confused and said "Mama, babah cakap macam tu." Sambil tutup mulut dia. I looked at my hubby and said, "don't say it in front of her, she got confused." So my hubby said, "ok la org tu kena sawan Ba Alif Ba Ya" He spelt it in Jawi instead of saying it clearly.