Tuesday, February 28, 2006

KUMON

I went to the franchise orientation last week with my sister and sister in law. With hopes and dreams, we went to the Kumon Office. First we were introduced with Kumon's method of learning. Quite amazing because it never crossed to my mind that Kumon actually teach more than just Math and English. It actually encourage moral values to the children. First thing i said to myself, wow..this must be good or else it wont survive for more than decades. Firstly i admit that i registered for the sake of my sister. She insisted me following her to the orientation. I was a bit reluctant but did register eventually. She also informed that there will be a test on that day so i said arrogantly, "ah a simple test only, why must you afraid of it." But when i opened the question paper, with wide opened eyes i said to myself, "this must be real. I haven't done Calculus for years. i even forgotten the concept of integral. Phew! this IS CHALLENGING." The questions are tough for me who haven't practising calculus, fractions, factorial, etc for sometimes and have been always calculating using calculators. The allocated time was only 1 hour and i have to pass the test in order to get to the next step of becoming Kumon instructor.
Eventually there were only 8 ppl passed the test out of 32 who took the test.

Good experience though because i'm thinking of opening a new Kumon centre in the near future. Anyway i should practise doing some difficult Math calculations without the calculator after this...hehehe...